This is going to be a busy and exciting holiday season for reclaimed crafts! Shop locally and support your makers and artisans. Save the dates!
Nov. 9 | Milltown Artisan Fair | Eastworks | Easthampton
Nov. 23 + 24 | Maker’s Market at the Parlor Room | Noho
Dec. 14 | Pastiche | Click Workspace | Northampton
Dec. 14 | Open Studio | 60 North St. | Northampton
July, 2019, “Thread” at The Green Bean Northampton
A first foray into art as art. “Thread” pays homage to the utilitarian patchwork quilt, whose patterns are small and intricate, allowing for the use of salvaged fabric scraps. The vintage gas station maps used to create these patterns are reminiscent of those scraps of fabric in their vibrant colors and their ability to tell stories. The windows, salvaged from farmhouses along the Connecticut River Valley, have their own stories to tell. Viewers are invited to reflect upon the patterns of their own journeys.
November 9, Center for the Arts
We are delighted to be participating in Red Dot Dash Benefit Exhibition on November 9th at the Center for the Arts in downtown Northampton. This is a benefit coordinated by ArtSalon, offering affordable and exciting way to add to a collection, support local art makers, and fund ArtSalon presenter honorariums at the same time. Buyers have the opportunity to acquire original 10” x 10” sized works by established and emerging artists for ONLY $88 EACH. Each piece is exhibited anonymously, but if you are familiar with the reclaimed crafts vibe, you’ll know our work right away! Come join us!
Reclaimed crafts hosts workshops and parties for between 4 and 12 people in our beautiful sun-drenched studio in downtown Northampton, or we can come to you (and accommodate more). A craft workshop is a creative, unique and fun idea for baby and wedding showers, birthday parties, or simple get togethers. We provide all the materials, many of which are salvaged, vintage and one-of-a-kind. Workshops last anywhere from 2-8 hours, depending on the level of difficulty. Work with us to create your own ideas for projects, or choose one of our projects:
- table runners and vases (salvaged burlap coffee, potato sacks, vintage fabric)
- cocktail coasters (upcycled tile, vintage cookbooks and fabric, decoupage paper, stamps)
- trays and frames (vintage maps, decoupage paper, stamps)
- plant stands (vintage tennis racquet presses, vintage yardsticks)
- cork boards (vintage tennis racquet presses, vintage fabric)
- napkin rings (recycled buttons, vintage fabric, recycled shirts
- bud vases (balusters, table legs, test tubes)
- earrings (vintage silk neck ties)
- travel journal (vintage maps, baker’s twine, recycled buttons)